Wednesday, January 18, 2012

May the Odds Be Ever in Your Flavor


I had to post this Hunger Games Hamburger Helper trailer a friend of mine found.  Hilarious!


Hmmmph. . . I'm Team Peeta, but still, I have to give this one props (Note to self: Learn to make trailers pronto so I can combat the Team Gale-ers),


The Hunger Games movie is so close I can taste it--March 23rd, here I come!

Thanks to Hunger Games, I've been on a dystopian kick the past couple of years.  I'm reading Lia Habel's Dearly, Departed, a zombie dystopian steam punk book I'm liking so far.

Dystopian books I enjoyed in 2011 (I'm sure I'm missing some, but these are the highlights):
Veronica Roth's Divergent
Lauren DeStefano's Wither
Carrie Ryan's Forest of Hands and Teeth series (especially The Dark and Hollow Places)--author crush alert!
Beth Revis's Across the Universe and A Million Suns
Moira Young's Blood Red Road (wow!)
James Dashner's Maze Runner series
Catherine Fisher's Incarceron and Sapphique


Battling for my next dystopian fix, these are currently in my to-be-read pile:
Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky
Alley Condie's Crossed
Lauren DeStefano's Fever
Julianna Baggott's Pure
Lauren Oliver's Delirium
Amy Kathleen Ryan's Glow
Robinson Wells's Variant
Jeyn Roberts's Dark Inside
Joe Treggiari's Ashes, Ashes
Lissa Price's Starters
Anna Carey's Eve
Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me
Elana Johnson's Possession


And that's only for starters, which is kind of scary.  If anyone recommends one over the other, feel free to let me know, seriously.  I'll likely just close my eyes and read for the first one I grab.  That might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment