Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Night with Stephanie Perkins

I stayed up late last night finishing my first Stephanie Perkins novel, which was SO GOOD.  So good that I didn't even mind being sleep deprived today.  It's called Anna and the French Kiss and for all you young adult contemporary romance fans out there, you're missing out if you haven't read this gem.  It's one of the most realistic first love stories out there.  The male lead is beautiful and--dare I say it--nice?  Wait, wait, a love born out of genuine friendship on top of physical attraction?  My mind is officially blown.

Plus, it takes place in romantic Paris! 



Book description on Amazon:

Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?



Read it!

But hey, don't take my word for it.  John Green named it one of his favorite things, so that's all I have to say about that.  Who can argue with the king of nerdfighters?



I've been following (ahem, lurking around) Stephanie Perkins's blog and she sounds as loveable as her book.  She has a cuteness that's reminiscent of Meg Cabot's blog (another one I, um, stalk), the kind of cuteness that's not annoying, but just right.

Stephanie Perkins, I am now bound and determined to get my book autographed by you.  Fair warning.

I've already ordered the companion novel Lola and the Boy Next Door, which can't arrive soon enough for my liking!  

No comments:

Post a Comment